2018 European Organic Congress
Organic on every table: Added value for farmers, consumers and society
This Congress was looking at how stakeholders and policymakers can work together to improve the livelihoods of farmers and rural communities, while at the same time protecting the environment and human health. The focus was on how to make the food and farming sector more resilient, so that it can better cope with mounting environmental and socioeconomic pressures of the coming decade.
This event gathered high-level national and European decision-makers, the academia and key stakeholders from the food sector to discuss future policy reforms in farming, including the revision of the Common Agricultural Policy, Production Rules for the new Organic Regulation and dealing with Unfair Trading Practices. The transformation role of organic farming will be discussed in the context of these ongoing reforms and new economic models.
- Thomas Snellmann – RECO circle
- Nicolas Verlet – Head of Unit Organics, DG Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission
- Faustine Bas-Defossez, Joint head of the Agriculture and Land Use Programme, IEEP
- Gianluca Brunori – Professor, University of Pisa
- Adrian De Groot Ruiz – Executive Director, True Price
- Inka Sachse – Project Manager Supplier Development, Soil&More Impacts
- Johannes Gutmann – Sonnentor, Entrepreneur